Monday, October 15, 2007

Seeing Both Sides

We are seeing two different sides of the same thing.

A profound statement that almost always manages to quell disagreements and smother anger. Whichever way you look at it, we're almost always arguing for different sides of the same thing.

Creation, such a juicy, dangerous topic. How were we created? Big Bang? Divine intervention? Round and round the bush we go. The logically gifted scoff at God. The spiritually enlightened scoff at science. Round and round the bush we go.

I am someone who believes in and has a decent knowledge of science. I am also someone who believes that God created the world, the stars, the universe.

What I find interesting is that I can argue, and I often do, for both sides. Arguing for the sake of arguing. That's the problem. My problem.

No comments: