Sunday, October 14, 2007

Phshaw!


"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

We were to share a ridiculous, amazing, humorous experience in our life. So many times this question has been asked, and so many times I come up with one of the most ridiculous, amazing, humorous story. It isn't even always the same story. Almost every time I tell a new one.

I don't go out looking for these experiences. They happen to me. Almost all of us have, at one point in our lives, gone running in parks. Yet not many would have suddenly found themselves facing a baby cobra.

Helen Keller said the above quote, and I find it fits me, especially the part about daring adventure. To many people I have asked, the weirdest things that have happened to them involve bruises or throwing up.

Many more people say they don''t want these things to happen to them. They are happy to live normal, fulfilling lives. Others say that no such things happen to them. I actually welcome these experiences.

The bizarre, the amazing, even the ordinary turned extraordinary. I look at life as a big joke. Like a clown walking around in too-big-shoes, I see the world in a way few others do. I will do the mad. Hell, I have said hello and shook hands with people I don't know based on dares.

Based just on dares, there are so many things I have done.

I am willing to try anything. I don't shun opportunities because they are unusual. And that has made all the difference.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh really? *grin*

How about seizing the opportunity to climb 'that' monkey bar hmm? ;p

ethan said...

It's nothing to boast that you'd do the bizarre or weird simply because others dared you to.

In that case, just for fun, would you care to take up a dare never to take up another dare in the future?

Jian Eu said...

hmmmmm...

The monkey bar was something I had already done before. Ethan, that wasn't boasting as much as me being piqued by how different I am from most.