Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Crowd Control

We went for a camp in FRIM, all of the EYAA group would be there and I was looking forward to it. One night together with little to do, the prelude to Maxwell Hill 2. Truly, I didn't enjoy it too much.

I enjoyed myself, but only just. I found the camp tiring and exasperating, even as I had a grin plastered over my face. I hid my disappointment well, my mom thought I was having the time of my life. I assume that most others thought the same.

I didn't enjoy myself because, no matter where we went, we were followed by practically all the non adults. It was extremely tiring to have the horde following us everywhere. Because most of the prominent characters are in the EYAA group, and people tend to follow the prominent characters, we were followed everywhere.

It got so tiring that a few of us tried to sneak away to the tent, we hadn't even put on our slippers before everyone was putting on their shoes as well.

The night was the only time when we were truly by ourselves. Five of us slept in the main hall and all five of us said that we enjoyed that time at night the most. We played Pac Man with torchlights, scared ourselves silly with ghost impersonations, and talked about topics as random as DOTA and fainting.

I don't mind the company of the rest, it just got tiring to have them around all the time.

Crowds scare me.

1 comment:

Elliot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.