Wednesday, November 19, 2008

In Flesh and In Blood

I got tickets! I got tickets! Actually, a tag.

A tag to the VIP seats. To the VIP seats for Federer's exhibition match. Federer's exhibition match!

I wasn't invited, yet. I went with a friend. There was a VIP hospitality area with gilded furniture an a whole buffet to eat. But, it wasn't that good anyway. The food was only so-so.

We got court side seats. Court side seats! Closer that ten steps from the players. Close enough to see the hair on their legs!

For me, what was intoxicating was to see them up close, in flesh and blood, in person. This was the Federer. The Roger Federer that kept me up till four am, watching him play that final in Wimbledon. Its bizarre.

Sprinkle some stardust on me.

Geez.

I also got to see Najib's wife. They went onto the court to meet the players and she walked right by us. Close enough to shake hand. She's fat, massive. So big she was teetering and tottering. On the way down, she stumbled. Three men held her.

No comments: