Tuesday, July 8, 2008

No Joy At 5am

I say this proudly. Proudly, but with a bittersweet, disappointed-ness. I watched the Federer-Nadal final live, the final that has had everyone who watched it gushing with shock and awe. The great Federer-Nadal final, or should it be Nadal-Federer?

Nadal won. That doesn't make me happy.

I was in the Federer camp and it was agonizing. The match spanned seven plus hours. Nearly five hours of play and about two hours of rain delay. The match was also truly superb.

But, it wasn't just great tennis, it was superb because of the emotional storm whipped up. In tennis, I am a very ardent supporter of anyone I decide to support. For five hours I was cheering, rooting, praying for Federer to win.

"Come on, Federer"

"Go, Roger"

So I stayed up till 5am and he lost in the end. Bleh.

2 comments:

sweebin said...

Bleh happens. May Federer come back another day.

Jeremy Ong said...

got a surprise hearing that Nadal won. But he still hasn't clinched the world no. 1 title yet!