Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Make Me Cry, Please

When it comes to sorrow, I would consider myself to be an emotionally aware, yet emotionally unattached, person. I say this because I know I am sad, I am sad, but I rarely cry.

At the end of the movie Sophie Scholl - The Final Days, screened in Uncle David's home, the room was filled with sobbing people. Almost all the adults cried, a few others my age flooded as well. I didn't.

I was sad. I was impressed by her courage to fight against Hitler despite the danger, I was awed by her commitment to the idea of freedom, but I just couldn't cry.

When my grandfather died, everyone was wailing their heads off but, probably because I never knew him, I didn't even shed a tear.

Sniff...this is so tragic.

5 comments:

Owen S said...

The original concept for a darkened cinema came about due to this guy who didn't want his family members and friends to see him crying. True story... not.

Daniel said...

I didn't cry as well, unfortunately.

So let's both see the shrink, for we are not human...

:P

Jian Eu said...

Wanna know who's not human? EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet (does not say)

David BC Tan said...

on a different note: spelling wrong on vox discipuli

ethan said...

EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeethan!

Just for the record, though, I really wanted to cry. I did. Honest. But I didn't.