Sunday, December 16, 2007

Your Presence, Not Your Presents

The Christmas tree is up, assorted with hand painted ceramic angels and santarinas. Ribbons hang from it, golden lights string it, and right at the top is Woofie (soft toy dog) with a ribbon around her/his neck.

It's a little different from our normal tree, on which everything that passess as an assortment is thrown on it. This year we have a theme. This year we won't have presents.

I won't be around here for Christmas. I won't be giving out any pesents, and I don't expect to receive any.

So, no presents for me. Please, please, please don't get me anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sense blatant use of reverse psychology!

Unless you really want to not want anything, in which case, good for you.

Jian Eu said...

Don't be so suspicious and cynical. You will get a heart attack.